The Crawl Space Termite Damage Repair Experts in Charleston, SC
Termites are one of those common household infestations that are difficult to deal with and get rid of. They eat away at your wood in colonies, eventually becoming more than just a nuisance in your furniture, floors, and other inner wooden structures. Identifying damage caused by these insects early is the key to getting rid of these annoying pests. Once you know you’ve got a problem, Crawl Space ER will come to your aid! We offer termite damage repair for your home’s crawl spaces, attics, and other contained areas. We know how to identify and get rid of pests, providing these crucial pest control services in Charleston, North Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, and other areas in South Carolina for decades.
There’s a reason locals in Charleston County prefer Crawl Space ER. Give us a call today for urgent and non-urgent termite damage repair requirements. We are the crawl space experts, and we can prove it!
Identifying the presence of termites and the telltale signs of termite damage is the first step in our termite repair jobs. We’ll look for mud tubes, damaged wood, discarded wings, and droppings and implement advanced techniques and devices to find them on your property.
We are knowledgeable and experienced in all types of treatments against termites. We’ll implement chemical treatments with termiticides, baiting systems around your property, fumigation techniques, or localized treatments depending on the severity of the infestation.
Identifying and eliminating your termite problem is one of many essential steps. The most important method to avoid infestation is prevention. We provide:
- Regular inspections.
- Moisture control with proper drainage and adequate ventilation in crawl spaces.
- Installing barriers to prevent them from crossing over your property.
- Other preventive measures.
Termite Damage & Structural Repairs
Termites can cause critical damage to the structural integrity of your home, business, or property. Once we’ve gotten rid of the pest, we evaluate the need for structural repairs that involve beams, studs, joints, and other elements. Our structural repairs involve:
- Stabilization with temporary supports like braces or shoring to prevent structural failure
- Reinforcement with steel beams or veneer lumber on weakened areas
- Applying wood preservatives to prevent future infestations
- Replacing affected areas and other structural sound components
- Aligning and leveling your structure to make sure it stands on its feet
Termite Damage & Wood Replacement
When termites have taken over your wood, sometimes replacing it all is the real solution. When there’s extensive wood damage from termite infestations, it can compromise your safety, which is why we offer wood replacement services, which include:
- Safely removing damaged wood
- Matching the materials to your original structure
- Treating the replacement wood for termite prevention
- Installing new wood carefully with all load-bearing requirements
- Finishing and painting the replaced wood
- Quality control
Signs of Termite Damage
Most property owners only identify signs of a termite infestation once it’s too late. It’s crucial to be on the lookout for them. Calling a termite damage repair expert before a colony has completely taken over your home can save you time and money in the long run. Some signs of termite damage are:
- Hollowed or crumbling wood
- Blisters in wood
- Mud tubes on walls
- Visible, flying termites (swarmers)
- Termite droppings or frass
- Cracked or bubbling paint
- Visible termite tunnels in drywall, plaster, or wood
- Sagging floors and ceilings
- Water accumulation or excessively damp areas near wood
- Faint clicking sounds
- Warped door frames
- Jamming doors and windows
Using proper safety measures, we remove asbestos debris, which we carefully label as hazardous waste and double bagged. We transport all unwanted materials to approved facilities.
Cleanup and Decontamination
Once we’re done, the work area is thoroughly cleaned and decontaminated. This includes wet wiping surfaces and using HEPA vacuum cleaners. Our workers also go through a decontamination process to prevent the spread of asbestos outside the area.
Addressing All Your Termite Damage Questions (FAQ)
How fast can a termite colony damage my home?
Can termite damage actually be fixed?
What are the causes of termite infestations?
When should termite damage be fixed?
Can termite-damaged wood be rescued or reused?
What happens if termites aren't eliminated?
Will termite damage devalue my home?
What is the lifespan of a termite or termite colony?
How often should I examine my home for termite infestation or damage?
Why Choose Us?
- 15+ years of experience
- Monthly payment options
- 10% military discount
- Licensed, bonded, and insured
Areas We Serve